Why use a comparison?
In our consumer society the power of choice is fundamental. We choose our supermarkets, our preferred newspaper (or we choose none!) - and we choose our IVA firm and/or our Insolvency Practitioner.
The experiences of others who have "been there and done that" can provide invaluable advice as we set out on a similar path. We like league tables or performance indicators. We compare and contrast - above all, at a potentially vulnerable time of our lives, we want to feel we are receiving the best possible advice, service and outcome.
So what can a comparison site do?
1. Networking - it can put us in touch with a range of people that we would never have opportunity to dialogue with, and can enable us to learn from their insight and experience.
2. Objectivity - we are increasingly familiar with the sales pitch and the tools of the trade when it comes to "buying or selling a product". The claims of the rivalling companies are inevitably loaded with self advancement. The comparison site helps us to benefit from a wealth of more objective analysis.
3. Assessment - we can sift through entries to find contributions from people in similar circumstances or with a similar outlook. "How did this work for you?", "Who would you recommend?" are key questions with real answers.
4. Hindsight - is a wonderful thing! If only we knew the outcome in advance we might have chosen differently. So to benefit from those who have firsthand experience of a particular IVA company or Insolvency Practitioner can greatly help in the decision making process.
5. Numbers - opinions are very individual. We can assess things differently - indeed 2 peoples experience of the same company can be very different. But the more opinions involved the clearer the overall picture becomes.
6. Results - customer satisfaction and positive outcomes are vital. Knowing what to expect if I deal with a particular company will help to make wise choices and shape my expectations.
Of course comparison sites have their limitations. One bad review maybe a highly individualistic interpretation of an experience. We are all different. However, sensible use of such sites can minimise the risk of bad decisions and maximise the opportunities for finding the right person at the right time in the right place.
Search for IP/IVA Firm
Last 10 Reviews